Kids may love to play in the rain, but the grass doesn’t last very long if we play in very wet conditions. So to protect our fields (and our players) there are use standards based on guidance from Los Gatos Parks and Recreation and the Union school District. They’re pretty easy to follow:
- If it rains all night Friday (or Saturday) and continues with heavy rain thru the morning, fields will be closed.
- If it rains all night Friday (or Saturday), but stops by or before 7:00 am, Parks and Recreation evaluates the conditions of the field and determines if the fields are to be closed.
So how do you know the status during rainy weather? In general, we follow a "no news is good news" policy
- If fields are open, no special notices will be posted
- If fields are closed a notice will be posted on the home page of the league website. Additionally, e-mail notices will go out as soon as possible to our mailing lists. So if in doubt, check our website and your e-mail.
- You can also sign up to get last minutes notices on your cell phone or other mobile device through Twitter. See instructions here
- For Comp, Select and Rec Play-Thru teams, Los Gatos Coaches are responsible for checking the website and their own email, and contacting visiting teams personally to inform them when games are cancelled.
For Referees, they should check the home page of our website and be on the lookout for correspondence from our referee scheduler (AJ Escobar) for guidance.