Important League news is always posted on our website and sent out to your e-mail address on file. But sometimes the news is urgent and late-breaking and you’re on the go - like when fields have just been closed due to rain and you’re on the way to your game!
In those cases, we can now alert you by text message to your cell phone using Twitter. Don’t worry, you won’t be flooded with our tweets. We’ll only tweet you rarely with urgent news.
To receive LGUSL mobile alerts through Twitter you must complete ALL of the simple steps below. If you already use Twitter, you can skip what you’ve already done, but you still must do ALL the remaining steps below:
- Browse to Twitter
- Go through the Sign Up process
- Check the Tips section on the Account tab of your Profile page. This has some helpful privacy hints.
- To register your cell phone to receive tweets, click the "Settings" link
- Then, click the "Mobile" tab
- Enter your mobile phone number and submit.
- Next, set your account to follow LGUSL
- Click the "Find People" link
- Type LGUSL in the search box and click Search
- When you see LGUSL in the result list, click the "Follow" icon in the listing (see image below)
- Finally, authorize Twitter to send LGUSL tweets to your cell (note: standard text messaging charges will apply for any text messages you receive - consult your cell phone service plan for details)
- Click the "Home" link
- At the top right, under your username, you’ll see a count and "following" link showing how many users you’re following. Click the "following" link
- You’ll now see a list of all users you’re following
- Find the listing for LGUSL
- Slightly to the right of the LGUSL name is an icon in the settings column. Mouse over the icon to get a pop-up which tells if you’ll receive LGUSL tweets to your cell phone. You can toggle this setting On and Off just by clicking with your mouse. Make sure the icon is green and the pop-up says "Updates are sent by SMS to your mobile phone" See example below